Monday, November 22, 2010
what I got out of this article:
Don't: over train, drink more water, eat healthy, dont go crazy on circuit training.
Combine with sprints and 1 or 2 circuits a week. Don’t over emphasize circuits. Focus on rest/recovery, good diet and sleep.
2. Single arm farmers walks
3. Floor press
4. Jump squats
5. Hamstring curl
6. Sit ups
7. Neck harness
-40,50,60 lb dumbbell: single arm farmer walk n 4 squats
-185 deadlift 5x5
-kb two 24kg farmer walk 3x around gym
- leg curls 3 x 10 50 lb
-200m sprints 4 x
-ab 200 ab exercises- sit up, superman, twisters, cherry pickers, belly ups.
Friday, November 19, 2010
Lower back core
Abdominal part 2
Punch out interval
Boxing modified workout inspired by the above links;
Shadow box rounds
Medicine ball Legs/ABS/Upperbody/lower back: 20x each (4 or 5 per round) within 2 min. work 1 min. rest.
total for 8 to 10 rounds
1. MB squat
2. Mb squats with jump throw up ball
3. Mb angle boxing step
4. Mb deep stance to angle
5. Mb jump lunges
6. Mb bob-n-weave forward ghost step
7. Mb bob-n-weave backward ghost step
8. Mb bob and weave in horse stance
9. Mb bench step lunges
10. Mb sitting side twist for abs
11. Mb- roll on top of ball on abs
12. Mb between knees crunches
13. Mb sit up w/twist-touch ball to floor
14. Sit up reach arms above head w/mb
15. Sit up throw ball up to land on abs
16. Side toss/squat
17. Chest pass
18. ‘on the go’ lateral movement chest pass
19. Chest pass moving around ‘mirror’ partner
20. Lying down chest pass mb
21. Under hand throw- uppercut
22. Jab pass
23. Cross pass
24. Superman toss
25. On/off push ups
26. Mb forearm planks-knee raises
27. Mb forearm planks-hip squares (both directions)
28. Mb forearm planks-walk outs
Boxing training- strength training
*Interval timer needed
Hand weights set
2lb to 5lb weight
each exercise-30 sec work, 30 second rest=16 min.
Advanced: 3x per week (alternate days of plyometrics)
1. Shadow box/punch with weights
2. Back on medicine ball like bench:
a. 20x neck up down
b. 20x neck sideways
c. 20x chest fly
d. 100x bench press
3. Wing stretch weight
4. Lateral raise weight
5. Ladder climb weight
6. Triceps weight
7. Iron cross- (3)front-out-hold
8. Bent over rows weight
9. Upper cuts weight
10. Punch out to sides
11. Double punch outs
12. Lift arms
13. Military press weight
Jump rope interval- pressure fight
3x 3 min.
30 sec easy 30 sec explode until 3 min.
or 15 sec easy 15 sec explode until 3 min.
Punch out intervals
3 min. x3
30 sec. drilling non-stop uppercuts on focus mitts or resistance bands
30 sec. drilling jab-cross combo non-stop on focus mitts or resistance bands
*practice forward, back, lateral-left and right, angle stepping while drilling punches.
Repeat until 3 min.
Abdominal boxing workout
Best is two days on two days off
20-30 reps 3-4x a week
1. Leg up-toe reaches
2. Leg up- butt lifts
3. Feet flat, knee up, hand on knee crunches
4. Knee up butt lifts
5. Side triangle crunches left and right
6. Seated leg crosses
7. Seated leg raises
8. Leg circles
9. Ankle grabs
10. Single leg crunches
11. Stacked feet crunches
12. Seated twist
13. Left and right oblique twist
Evaluation line- rhythm stepping
Hands on hip chin down.
1. rt. leg forward hop across line
2. rt. Leg backward hop across line
3. left leg forward hop across line
4. left leg backward hop across line
5. pigeon toe jump forward/back moving rt.
6. pigeon toe jump forward/back moving left
7. cross overs forward
8. cross overs backward
9. hip turns – left side
10. hip turns right side
Box step- intervals 30 sec each.
left right step , right left step, jump on/off
Rail step- in-out ranging: 2 min.
Single, double triple, 5,6,7,8 attacks
Slip line- rope at shoulder level
Slip uppercut forward
Slip uppercut backward
Slip uppercut cross
Slip uppercut hook
Slip 3 attack
Slip 4 attack
Slip 5 attack
Slip attack defense attack
Slip slip attack slip
Slip combination slip slip
Thursday, November 18, 2010
Trainer Charles “Pop” Foster and Jimmy McLarnin-
No weight training at all- it will slow you down.
Training: speed- "off feet and hands."
-footwork: saw dust floor.
-stance chin tucked, hands blazing.
-snappy left jab.
-strong rt. Cross
-stand in gap and get out.
-avoid getting hit.
3 rounds sparring,
3 rounds heavy bag,
3 rounds light bag.
Cross training- fishing nets, rowing boat, running.
Left hand training- throw darts, bounce ball.
McLarnin was trained old school way- no weights, no long hours of hard work as to not over train, trainer did not hire sparring partners and other special trainers.
Trainer Jack Hurley and Billy Petrolle
-turn away from rt.. hand and throw counter rt.
- draw the rt. Cross and weave under and counter left hook.
-short jab and miss, when opponent swarms in: counter cross.